Sunday, January 17, 2010

Season's End

I'm so sorry to bombard everyone with so much sad content. Recent events just reminded me of this very dreary piece I wrote a few years back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Season's End

Today the wind is flexing its strength,

reminding me how small and insignificant I am.

It roars through the trees whipping them,

tearing away their brown autumn leaves,

setting in motion a fierce arial dance.

The last dance of fall.

When it finishes with its marionettes,

the wind will cast its play things aside to rot and die.

It tears away my warmth as easily as the leaves,

leaving behind a cold emptiness.

Watching the leaves spinning away I can almost imagine my soul

dancing with them on the tumult.

4 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

I suspect that today's Shandy would have trouble summoning something that dark.

chrissieB said...

Good, but sorta sad...

Hugs
chrissie
xxxxx

Bunny said...

That's great poetry. It reminds me very much of much eastern thought, which traditionally has never agreed with the western concept that the individual is of primary importance. When you get down to it, it's an awfully big universe, and we really are just souls floating around in it like leaves tossed by the wind.

ms.shandy said...

Yes, it is a big universe, so much bigger than the little piece of space and time we occupy. Gotta make every moment count. =)